Bartos Institute for Constructive Engagement of Conflict
Founded in 2001 thanks to a generous gift from the Bartos family, the Bartos Institute for Constructive Engagement of Conflict (CEC) equips young people with the skills to identify and learn how to constructively engage conflicts —at personal, interpersonal, and larger community levels. Our programs help students take skillful action in order to strengthen communities and foster peace in the world.
- Strive for self-awareness.
- Listen humbly and deeply.
- Communicate courageously.
- Practice the power of thoughtful apologies.
- Get curious about difference.
- Embrace the complexity of truth.
- Pursue solutions collaboratively.
- Express gratitude.
Learn about our practices.
Discover relevant resources.