Ways to Give

Ways to give

"The striking feature of the United World Colleges is that they embrace the entire world across all divides of race, history, culture, wealth, religion, economic status and political belief."

UWC-USA offers many opportunities to support the school. You can give your time and talent or make a financial contribution using one of the methods below. You can use your credit card, write a check, donate stock, make a grant, and more.

UWC-USA (or the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West) is an IRS 501c3 organization. Tax-exempt organizations can be verified on the IRS website. Our EIN Number is 850297355.

(Including automatically recurring monthly gifts): Use your American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa to make an online gift or phone in your gift by calling (505) 426-3374.

Make your check payable to UWC-USA and mail it to:

UWC-USA Advancement Office
Post Office Box 248
Montezuma, NM 87731-0248 USA

You can contribute the fair market value of appreciated securities and avoid capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock. Please let us know when your gift is sent by emailing Olivia Kuykendall in UWC-USA’s Advancement Office at olivia.kuykendall@uwc-usa.org. The following is our broker information, which you will need to give your broker when making a gift of appreciated securities:

Broker: Gabe J. Aronson
7500 Old Georgetown Road, 10th Floor, Bethesda, Maryland 20814

  • Phone: (301) 961­3328
  • Toll Free Number: (800) 455­-6622
  • Branch Phone: (301) 657­-6300
  • Email: Gabe.J.Aronson@morganstanley.com

Or for additional assistance, please reach out to:
Valerie Watson ­ Valerie.A.Watson@morganstanley.com
Rachel Milburn ­ rachel.milburn@morganstanley.com

DTC Instructions:

DTC Clearing Number for Morgan Stanley: 0015
FBO: Armand Hammer United World College
Account Number: 530-158442

To make a wire transfer to UWC-USA, please contact:

Mark R. Hodde ’89
Chief Advancement Officer, UWC-USA
Office: 505-454-4214
Cell: (443) 326-9509

You can designate UWC-USA as a recipient of a grant from a family foundation, charitable gift fund, or donor-advised fund.

Planned gifts offer supporters many benefits, from reducing or eliminating certain taxes to providing lifelong income to the donor or another beneficiary. There are several ways to make a planned gift:

  • Bequests. The simplest way to make a planned gift is to name UWC-USA as a beneficiary in your will. You can make a bequest of a dollar amount, a piece of property, a percentage of your estate, or a “residual” (what is left after making specific provisions for loved ones). Please review this document for language that can be used when writing a bequest: Sample_Language_for_Bequests
  • Gifts from retirement plans. Retirement funds are often taxable—whether to you or your heirs—when withdrawn. If you make a gift directly from your retirement fund, you can often avoid these taxes by taking an offsetting deduction for your charitable gift.
  • Gifts that return financial benefits. Gifts that pay income are often favored by donors with appreciated assets such as a business, stocks, or real estate. These gifts can be structured to provide you and/or others with income, tax savings, and other benefits while leaving a lasting legacy for UWC-USA.

To learn more about tax benefits related to planned giving, please speak to your financial advisor. To find out how you can support UWC‑USA with a planned gift, please contact development@uwc-usa.org.

IRA owners age 70½ and older are allowed to make distributions to qualified organizations such as UWC-USA of up to $100,000 per year. While no income tax deductions are available, donors may save taxes where gifts take the place of required minimum distributions that otherwise are 100 percent taxable. Speak with your financial planner to learn more about potential benefits.

To make a gift from your IRA, contact your IRA trustee or custodian as soon as possible —preferably before you receive any required minimum distributions. Please also notify us so we can coordinate with your IRA administrator to ensure that your gift is completed by the end of the year and that you receive the necessary receipt. Contact the Advancement Office at (505) 454 4265 or development@uwc-usa.org.


of students rely on scholarship assistance


cost of a two-year education at UWC-USA


how much government funding we receive


of operating budget funded through philanthropy

Stay Connected