Summer Youth Program - GLF
Global Leadership Forum (GLF) is UWC-USA’s virtual summer program for students 13-16 years old who want to learn more about UWC and become the changemakers the world needs.
Learn to build the skills of peacemaking, conflict resolution, goal setting, and collaboration. Make friends with students from all over the world and explore how to become a local leader dedicated to making the world more just and peaceful.
The 3-week Global Leadership Forum program will give participants the leadership skills necessary to plan and execute a project that addresses a social justice challenge in their home community.
- Designed for students ages 13 – 16
- Courses will be held virtually Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from June 13 – July 1, 2022
- Two concurrent sessions are offered to accommodate participants from around the world. Participants enroll in either GLF Morning (9:00 – 11:00 am MDT) or GLF Afternoon (3:00 – 5:00 pm MDT).
- Fee: $295
- A limited number of scholarships are available
Registration for GLF 2022 is now closed.
Questions? Contact GLF@uwc-usa.org
nationalities in the past three years
participants over the past three years
GLF alumni worldwide
UWC Global Leadership Forum
GLF is a program that challenges students to be more and do more. Learn more about the program and the kinds of students who thrive in it by checking out our video.
The GLF Curriculum is based on the UWC-USA Constructive Engagement of Conflict curriculum. Participants will learn about
- Leadership styles
- Non-violent communication
- Race, class, and gender
- Power and privilege
- Bystander intervention
- Design thinking
Each participant will create a project to address a challenge in their local community. With the guidance and support of experienced instructors, they will develop and implement a plan for social change.