Who should apply
Successful UWC-USA applicants are fundamentally curious. They’re curious about people from other parts of the world, about different cultures and languages, and about the way people with different points of view get along. They welcome challenges – both academic and personal – and they don’t mind the hard work it takes to build a positive community with others. And they believe that education is a force that goes beyond personal accomplishment.
All UWC students share a desire to make the world a better place. But on top of this desire is a strong inclination to do more than just talk about it. They recognize that there are many ways to live their values and they find ways to act on those values, extending what they learn in the classrooms, labs, and communities to their daily lives and careers beyond UWC.
- If you’re a curious, thoughtful, idealistic person who cares deeply about the big problems the world faces today, you should apply.
- If you see things a bit differently than most of your peers do, you should apply.
- If you want to make a positive change and be active in your own world, you should apply.
- October 15, Early Application. Students who apply by October 15 are indicating a clear commitment to UWC, and they will receive notification as to whether or not they will proceed to the interview stage by November 1.
- December 1, Regular Application.
Students may choose to apply by either deadline.